To be eligible to apply for a BBM Youth Support Award, candidates need to satisfy certain age, residency, competency and personal criteria.
- be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia
- be able to spend at least 1 month overseas pursuing development opportunities related to their award area and leave before December 2019.
- be between 16 and 23 years of age before June 30th the year following your application
- confirm that you would not be in a position to finance the project without BBM assistance. Whilst the awards are not means tested, the intention is to provide opportunities to young people who would otherwise struggle to access them
- be able to make satisfactory arrangements to pursue your objectives, including obtaining any visas you may require.
- confirm that you have not travelled overseas for a similar career development opportunity
- not be travelling to take up a place at an overseas school which has been offered to you
- be committed to acting as a good ambassador for Australia and BBM Youth Support
- provide a detailed report and images (PDF/Blog/Vlog) on your experiences within a month of your return. An amount of $500 of the award is withheld conditional to meeting this criteria to a reasonable standard.
- be able to attend the annual BBM Youth Supports Awards Night in Sydney to accept the award
- be prepared to assist BBM Youth Support in the future to whatever extent you can
We currently offer eight Awards annually for Agriculture. Applicants must meet the specific criteria detailed:
- open to current or future students intending to study for an Advanced Diploma of Agribusiness Management in 2019. The applicant should be intending to pursue a career in broadacre farming or mixed farming¹
- or current or future students intending to study the Diploma of Agronomy in 2019¹²
- open to students studying for their second year of Agriculture or Agribusiness in 2019
- open to students completing the Diploma of Agriculture in 2018
- open to recent graduate or a current, final year student studying agriculture
TOCAL Agricultural College
- open to recent graduates from TOCAL’s full time or traineeship program or current, final year students of Cert VI in Agriculture
- open to to anyone studying or completed Cert VI in Agriculture
¹Applicants intending to study the combined Advanced Diploma of Agribusiness Management/Diploma of Agronomy are also eligible
²Applicants intending to study the Diploma through online delivery only are ineligible for the Award
We currently offer one award for horticulture. Applicants are required to have completed a Cert III in Horticulture or related discipline.
Trade - Worldskills competitors
In 2018, the 15 Skilled Futures awards are open to WorldSkills national competition medallists from the following categories:-
TRANSPORT & LOGISTICS
- Auto Electrical
- Autobody Repair
- Automotive Mechanics
- Heavy Vehicle Mechanics
- Motorcycle Mechanics
- Vehicle Painting
CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
- Electrical Installation
- Landscape Construction
- Painting and Decorating
- Plumbing and heating
- Refrigeration and airconditioning
- Wall and Floor tiling
CREATIVE ARTS AND FASHION
- Fashion Technology
SOCIAL AND PERSONAL SERVICES
- Retail Baking -Bread
- Retail Baking – Pastry
- Retail Butchery
MANUFACTURING AND ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- Computer Assisted Machining (CAM)
- Construction Steel Work
- Electrical Control
- Mechanical Engineering Design (CAD)
- Sheetmetal Technology
We currently offer three awards for ballet annually.
Two awards are open for classical ballet students via their dance school. Applicants for the open ballet awards must:
- have completed Advanced 1 RAD or equivalent
- be recommended by their ballet school
Another award is for graduating students at The Australian Ballet School.
We currently offer two awards for Drama annually.
One award is open to emerging artists living in NSW or the ACT and is facilitated by PACT Theatre.
One award is available to graduating students of NIDA.
Music including Jazz
We offer four awards for music and one for jazz annually, open to students who have achieved a standard in music appropriate to their age.
Scottish Piping & Drumming
The Scottish Piping & Drumming award is available to members of the NSW Pipe Band Association.
The Scottish Highland Dancing award is available to NSW dancers and is facilitated by the NSW State Committee of Highland Dancing