Gift in Wills
A gift in your Will can be a lasting legacy and helps us to continue giving young people unique and valuable development opportunities which change their lives and strengthen their communities.
If you would like to include a gift in your Will, thank you.
BBM Youth Support and Big Brother Movement are registered business names of the charity BBM Ltd (ABN 61 000 064 353). Any gift in your Will would be made to BBM Ltd.
Options for gift types
Below are some options to help you decide the best way to make your gift.
- The whole or part of your residuary estate – where you leave BBM Ltd your entire residuary estate or a percentage of it. This links your gift to any changing value of your estate.
- A specific gift in your Will – where you give a specific amount of money or property such as land, shares or other assets.
- A specific designed legacy – where we work with you to put your generous gift towards something you hold most dear – perhaps an award in your name or a contribution to a specific program. If you’d like to explore this further, please call us for a confidential conversation.
It helps us to plan for the future if we know of gift intentions, and we would like to acknowledge your gift (with your consent) so please let us know if you intend to leave us a gift, even anonymously.
Your gift of a specific sum of money or property to BBM Ltd will assist us to continue the support for young Australians. The wording below can be used in your Will:
I GIVE (the amount of (insert amount)) OR (insert description of the asset e.g “100 shares in Company ABC Pty Ltd ACN 123 456 789” or “the property located at 1 ABC Road, Sydney NSW Folio Identifier”) to BBM Ltd ABN 61 000 064 353 (BBM Ltd) of Level 4, 5 Hunter Street, Sydney NSW 2000 absolutely.
Whole or part of your residuary estate
You may like to give the whole or a fixed percentage of your residuary estate to BBM Ltd. This allows you to donate without restriction from any change in the value of your estate over time. Should you like to give the whole or part of your residuary estate, we suggest the following wording:
I GIVE (my residuary estate) OR (insert percentage) of my residuary estate to BBM Ltd ABN 61 000 064 353 (BBM Ltd) of Level 4, 5 Hunter Street, Sydney NSW 2000 absolutely.
You may like to give an ongoing legacy, such as sponsoring an award or a community support program. For any questions or to design your legacy, please call us for a confidential conversation. We will work closely with you to tailor your gift to your values and the needs of young Australians.
Please insert the following wording directly underneath the sample wording above:
IF at the date of my death BBM Ltd has:
- amalgamated with another charitable institution or institutions the gift will take effect as if it had been made to the amalgamated institution;
- changed its name or constitution or both the gift will take effect as if it had been made to the institution with either or both the name or the constitution as altered;
- transferred all its assets to another charitable institution the gift will take effect as if it had been made to the institution to which the assets have been transferred; or
- ceased to exist, my Trustee will pay the gift to such other charitable institution the objects of which in the opinion of my Trustee most closely resemble those of BBM Ltd.
I DECLARE the receipt of the secretary, treasurer or other proper officer for the time being of the institution will be a full discharge of my Trustee for the gift and my Trustee is not bound to see to its application.