- be 17 or older on the 30th of June 2020
- be 23 or younger on the 30th of June 2020
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- meet at least the minimum skill and/or training standards that apply to each scholarship category, or higher:
- Trade Scholarships: Be at least a third year apprentice/trainee in one of this year’s sub-categories AND graduating year/hold a minimum qualification of Certificate III in a relevant area.
- Agriculture: Minimum – graduating year of a Certificate IV in one of this year’s sub-categories.
- Classical Ballet: graduating year and minimum RAD 1 or equivalent
- Drama: graduating year and recommended by NIDA or PACT
- Music: a Letter of Recommendation from the Sydney Conservatorium of Music or equivalent, or from an orchestra listed here.
- be able to comply with the Terms and Conditions of the scholarship:
- leave Australia for your scholarship before the 31st of December the year following your application
- confirm that you would not be in a position to finance the project without BBM assistance (whilst the awards are not means tested, the intention is to provide opportunities to young people who would otherwise struggle to access them)
- be able to make satisfactory arrangements to pursue your objectives, including obtaining any visas you may require
- confirm that you have not travelled overseas for a similar career development opportunity
- be committed to acting as a good ambassador for Australia and BBM Youth Support
- provide a detailed report and images on your experiences within a month of your return
- be able to attend the annual BBM Youth Support Awards Night in Sydney in November 2020
- be willing to assist BBM Youth Support during your scholarship and in the future to whatever extent you can, including media and promotional opportunities within what can reasonably expected of a successful scholar.
While short term workshops may form part of your scholarship, overseas school fees and associated travel are not eligible for funding.
You will be required to provide evidence for the above as part of the application process.